- Is state-funded
- Is available in all 55 WV counties
- Meets unique needs of Alzheimer’s caregivers
- Provides workers who understand Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia
- Is designed to give individual attention to each person with dementia.
What services are provided?
A trained worker can go into the home to provide:
- A regular break for caregivers
- Activities and companionship for the person with dementia
What are the eligibility requirements for FAIR?
- The person receiving care must have a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease or a related dementia
- There has to be an unpaid caregiver
- The care must be provided in West Virginia
- Is there a charge for FAIR services?
- The cost for FAIR services is based on a sliding fee scale.